Week 3 and Week 4 : Biweekly Journal of School Internship

Introduction:

My workload this fortnight was lighter because I had finished most of my portions for the first terminal exam. The first terminal exam began and have progressed halfway by the period of this biweekly entry. It is a different work altogether to manage exam halls and it is an irreplaceable learning experience in the middle of our internship to get to handle that.


Day 9: 27 August 2024

I finished my portion for the first terminal exam so my assigned period was reclaimed by the senior teacher. I covered the first period in VIIIth, second period in Xth, third period in VIIth, and fourth IXth. And did USS training during the lunch break. In the last period, I had to manage one student who hit another pupil with a broom while the rest of his class went to PE.

I managed to clarify portions for the exam in both IXth and Xth.


Day 10: 29 August 2024

The day had very light workload. I went to manage period 2 in VIth and aided Sarath sir in the third period in class VII. I also managed PE for VIIth and VIth in the last two periods, respectively.

I also helped gave teacher's notes with the examination time table for some students. 


Day 11: 30 August 2024

Aided Sarath sir in Vth in the first period, and conducted NAT during the second period in VI under his supervision. Worked with Sarath sir in VIth again during 5th period. Managed Sarga Vela in VIIth in the last period.

Presenting IT Quiz


Was part of conducting IT Quiz for UP students during the lunch break. I was reading questions and answers from a pre-prepared presentation by KITE.


Day 12: 2 September 2024

The exams begin on the next day, so it was only a half day of class. I aided Sarath sir in the first and third periods, teaching V. In the fourth period, I accidently entered a class for a D.El.Ed. student's commission in class VI. It was interesting to note the differences of approach.

Helped arranged the classrooms into exam halls.


Day 13: 3 September 2024

Helped Sarath sir in conducting class tests for V and VI during the first three periods. I also had to manage class VII for three periods in the afternoon. A student cursed my father because I couldn't let them out for PE because it was examinations.

The first terminal examination began today for high school students.


Day 14: 4 September 2024

It was the second day of the first terminal examination. There were some students who had to come earlier than their exams or had to stay after their exams because the school bus only runs in the morning and evening. We were managing those students placed in classroom VI mostly. I managed to get some time managing exam halls in class V and class IX.


Day 15: 5 September 2024

Third day of first terminal examination, and Teacher's Day. Students greeted us with handshakes the whole day, but there was no ceremony due to the exams. I only managed the free students in classroom VI, and had no exam duty today.


Day 16: 6 September 2024

Today, I managed to get some experience distributing answer sheets and question papers to students in the morning session in classroom IX. I also managed the students during cool-off time. I also stood for some time again in the evening session in the same classroom.

Managing cool-off time


Today was the anniversary of our Headmaster's mother passing way. It was a solemn atmosphere in the school

Conclusion

These two weeks were different. I was mostly doing other works and not teaching my lesson plans because I had finished. It was a unique experience to be a teacher who does everything around the school. And it was a learning experience to get to know and aid Sarath sir.


Suggestions

  • I need to take better care of my health
  • I need to improve my stamina for managing PE class
  • It would be ideal to research more into management of emotionally volatile kids